Kick off Cincinnati Beerweek and make this Fathers Day one to remember at Molly Malone’s Annual Beerwood (Pinewood) Derby.
This charitable event in collaboration with Cincinnati BeerWeek and Braxton Brewery will benefit American Cancer Society Relay for Life
Register and purchase the kit at Molly’s for $10 and 100% of your donation will help this great charity. Use the standard pinewood car kit and your favorite beer can to make your “Beerwood” car and race it on our 32 foot Pinewood Dreby track to win great prizes and bragging rites.
There will be two categories, the Fastest and the Prettiest.
This fun event will take place at 4pm with the weigh in and the racing will start at 6pm.
All cars must pass the following inspection to qualify for the race:
- Width shall not exceed 2-3/4 inches.
- Length shall not exceed 7 inches.
- Weight shall not exceed 5 ounces.
- Axles, wheels, and body shall be from the materials provided in the Kit*
- Wheel bearings, washers, and bushings are prohibited.
- No lubricating oil may be used. Axles may be lubricated with powdered graphite or silicone.
- The car shall not ride on any kind of spring.
- The car must be free-wheeling, with no starting devices.
- No loose materials of any kind are allowed in the car.
- You must use a beer can in construction of the car.
- All Kit’s must be purchase from Molly’s (100% of all Kit sales go to Relay for Life) please register at this time.