Make this Fathers Day one to remember @ Molly Malone’s Covington Annual Beerwood (Pinewood) Derby! June 16th 2018.
This year we will be working with Children’s Interstitial and Diffuse Lung Disease (chILD)
Register and donate $10 for the kit at Molly’s, 100% of your donation will help this great charity. We use the standard pinewood car kit and you use your favorite beer can to make your “Beerwood” car and race it on our 32 foot Pinewood Derby track to win great prizes and bragging rites.
There will be two prize categories: Speed, the one that gets across the line the fastest and Style, the one that looks good trying to get across the line the fastest.
This fun event will take place with the weigh in at 4pm, voting for crowd favourite @ 5.30pm and the racing will start at 6pm.
- Car kit must be bought & registered @ Molly’s (100% of your $10 will go to Child, buy two!)
- The car weight shall not exceed 5.0 ounces. The official race scale shall be considered final.
- The overall length of the car shall not exceed 7 inches.
- ?The overall width of the car shall not exceed 2 ¾ inches.
- ?The maximum height of the car cannot exceed 5 inches (Adjust this limit so that the cars will pass under your finish gate).
- The car must have 1 ¾” clearance between the wheels.
- The car must have 3/8” clearance underneath the body.
- The wood provided in the kit must be used. The block may be shaped any way that is desired.
- The wheels supplied with the kit must be used. The wheels may not be cut, drilled, beveled or rounded. You may remove the seam from the wheels.
- The axles supplied with the kit must be used. They may be polished or lubricated.
- The car must not ride on any type of springs.
- The car must be freewheeling, with no starting devices.
- No loose material of any kind, such as lead shot, may be used.
- All cars must have the scout’s name on the bottom of the car.
Each car must pass inspection by the official inspection committee before it will be allowed to compete. The Inspection Committee has the responsibility to disqualify those cars that do not meet these specifications.